Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Austin Convention Center

Today we have the Austin Convention Center. Just more steel and glass (and a dab of concrete) for a city that really isn't about steel and glass.

The front/side:






That's bad enough, but just wait until you see the back. I don't know what the hell is going on here, but it's just a clusterfuck of stairs. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. The poor design results in an eyesore that can be seen from the neighboring restaurants who, despite the probable benefit of being next to the convention center, have to deal with the worst view in Austin.


3 comments:

  1. I AGREE! A VAST MAJORITY OF NEW/"MODERN" ARCHITECTURE IS HIDEOUS! I swear the God I put off going to these new shopping centers, malls, supermarkets, and other public (and private business) buildings because of it. For instance, I had registered for a dance class that was in one of these new loft/business buildings...it was a fucking maze to find my way around! VERY POOR and ILLOGICAL layout. It is very upsetting to see these HIDEOUS new buildings going up everywhere. Even the new homes look awful. The new schools look like concrete PRISONS! ITS AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sums it up pretty much. People had talent once

      Delete
  2. Nice! I can book this convention center for my official meetings that is followed by an after party. This place looks perfect for that. A lot of new associates are also coming to our firm and we can arrange an introductory party for all of them.

    ReplyDelete